A Brief History of our Church
The congregation of First Lutheran Church, Pasco, was formed on November 30, 1919. It was originally known as "The First English Lutheran Church". The constitution was amended in February 1921 to read "The First Lutheran Congregation of Pasco". A lease was signed on December 16, 1920 for renting of the Baptist building at the corner of 5th & Clark streets. In May 1923, the lot, upon which the present church building is located was purchased. In May 1932 it was decided to combine the Pasco and Kennewick congregations, holding services in Kennewick.
In October, 1938 construction of a church building on the Pasco property purchased in 1923 began. The church bell was first used at Genesee, Idaho in one of the first congregations in that part of the country. The bell originally went to the Kennewick church but once they purchased a new church home, already having a bell, the bell was given to the Pasco congregation. The first service in the current church building was held on April 9, 1939. The addition to the church was dedicated in 1952 and remodeled in 1994.